Well there is a lot of Comparison we can made on WhatsApp vs Telegram Vs Signal Vs Wickr but before discussing all of them together let discuss about the comparison between-
WhatsApp Vs Telegram –
Well both the apps are totally different from each other and they are having their unique features related to the users concerns for privacy and their safety of data. Both the apps are used for the messaging purpose but are totally different. They are very much similar for the purpose of picture in picture viewing and they provide us Unique stickers we can send to others in chats. But we can’t deny the deny the fact that both the are totally loved by the Users and are totally different from the users.
Facts Why telegram is better than the WhatsApp-
- Telegram provide us a notification about a screenshot taken in a chat and the secret chat is not forwarded to any other person this feature is not provided in the WhatsApp.
- Also, the telegram provides us end to end encryption feature in which allows users to self -destruct the chat at own this ensures the privacy of users.
- We can also share stickers, GIF and funny images with other in a chat.
- It also has cloud storage features that allows us to keep a storage of images and text media and files and other important document in a cloud and we can restore them further on a cloud
- Telegram also allow us to chat with other person even when we don’t have their Contact Numbers, we can just know their username and search it on telegram and then we can chat with them.
- We can also make our channel on telegram and add unlimited number of people and also the creator and administrator can control that who can post on channel and not and have full control on the actions of their members. We can also see that whether the member will post or not.
Facts why WhatsApp is better than Telegram –
- A very well known, social media app that is very popular among the users much more than telegram and now WhatsApp is taken over by the Face Book and currently having 1.6 billion monthly active users which is much more than telegram.
- We can even a group on WhatsApp and now WhatsApp is also offering end to end encryption chat to its users by keeping in mind their privacy and security.
- It also supports voice calls and video calls not only one to one but also have feature to make group video calls.
- It also allows the user to check whether the receiver have seen the message or not and at which time he has seen the message.
So overall, we can say that both the apps are popular among the users, currently telegram is having 200 million active users which is less than WhatsApp because it is having 1.6 billion active users monthly.
It offers end to end to end encryption which is offers by both the app but in telegram there is secret chat option. In telegram we can also restore bulk number of messages, files and document and other important messages in a cloud storage.
But this does not WhatsApp is lagging it is also having its unique features and very much popular among the users as one to one voice call is only provided by the telegram but in WhatsApp, we can have not only one to one Audio Calls but have video calls and also organise group calls. So, we can conclude both are loved by users and users used them according to their preferences.
Telegram Vs Signal Vs Wickr –
- Signal and Wickr has both End to End Chat Encryption that protects the user privacy and security.
- Wickr has a super deletion feature that allows that allows the users to delete the message Anytime and Anywhere. This feature is also provided by the Telegram and this feature are not provided by the Signal.
- In telegram we have only audio call option there is no video call is provided but signal provided one to one voice call and also one to one video call but there is no group call option. On Wickr there is one t one voice and video and also group calls options are provided.
- In signal and Telegram there is no time for the Expiry of the message it means that the messages will not expire and it will remain in chat we can see them whenever we want, but in Wickr all the messages got expire in 6 Days.
- Wickr and signal tops the list of the collaboration Apps and the criteria that are passes by the NSA but telegram does not even fit in these criteria and not in the list of the app accessed by the NSA.
- Wickr provides us the features like Video calling, screen sharing and conferencing and group calling and larger rooms and larger file sizes and longer time period for the expiry of the messages unlike all these features are not provided by the telegram.
- Both the telegram and signal are the account which are linked to our phone number and both telegram and wickr allows the user to create Public channel and add the member to that group.
- Telegram, wickr and Signal all the apps are freely available to the android users and IOS Users and the user don’t have to pay any charges. But wickr is also available on MAC OS and Linux and windows and recently 5 million people choose to download wickr from the google Play Store.
- While making a comparison between telegram, wickr and signal it is very much difficult to tell which app is much better than other all the three apps are amazing in their own features and easy to use interface for its users and bulk file sharing, cloud storage and stickers and GIF and many more other features are provided by the all the Three apps. So, user can use all the 3 apps depending on its needs, requirement at that time.
Dowload them from playstore
Elon musk’s advice (update)
Recently Elon musk advised everyone to use Signal in his usual manner (by tweeting single words) and we thought that such an important thing should also be told to the users as one thing we are sure of that Elon is really smart and a genius guy like us.
Use Signal— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 7, 2021
Also fun fact the Signal had overload issues after Elon’s tweet and asked users to wait a little to increase their server capacities.
while making a detailed comparison between WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal and Wickr we can say that WhatsApp is generally used for the purpose of purpose of sending messages text and videos from one person to other and we can even share in a group we created.
Both the telegram and wickr are the app which are similar which each other used for messaging purpose and creating public channel but wickr but amny more features which are not provided by telegram like conferencing, video calling and group calling.
Even both WIckr and Signal has topped the list of apps accessed by the NSA but in that telegram is not even in the list wickr is also very similar to signal. All the four mentioned apps are very much loved by the users for their unique features and security concerns for its users.