Whatsapp is an instant messaging app with lots of features like voice messages, audio, and video calls, sharing of images, documents, videos, location, etc. It has one more exciting feature that is sharing status aka stories with your contacts but it doesn’t have any feature which will enable you to download or save status posted by any of your contacts.
It is very common nowadays and most of the time we like the content posted by others nut somewhere we hesitate in asking them to share that content directly with us.
So here in this article, there’s the solution to this problem. You will get to know the 4 easiest ways to download or save those statuses either its picture or video in your mobile phone`s gallery and that person won`t be notified that you have saved or downloaded his/her status by using any of the ways mentioned below. So let’s know about the ways for this purpose:
Best Ways to Download Whatsapp Status
By taking screenshot:-
This is the easiest and convenient way to save or download status in your gallery and this could be done without downloading any additional app because the screenshot facility is available in every android phone as well as iPhone.
In android phones, screenshots can be taken by pressing the POWER and VOLUME DOWN button or by pressing the POWER button for few seconds and then tap Screenshot.
An iPhone screenshot can be taken by pressing the SIDE button and HOME button at the same time and then quickly release both buttons.
By Viewing Whatsapp Status in your phone’s File Explorer:
By this way, only android users can save or download WhatsApp status in their gallery.
This is very interesting, that WhatsApp automatically downloads pictures and videos that you have viewed in the past 24 hours to your phone`s file explorer so there’s no need of downloading any third-party app for the same. But, the folders where these saved statuses get downloaded are hidden by default so firstly you have to make it visible.
These are the steps to save WhatsApp status in your phone`s gallery:-
- Open file explorer app in your phone. We have used files by Google app as its is user friendly and contains no ads
- In the files app from Google, tap on three-bars and then menu will open then select settings.
- Enable the toggle next to Show hidden files or if you are using any other file explorer app search for similar settings.
Note: – above 3 have to be performed only once.
- Now launch whatsapp and open the status you want to save in your gallery.
- Open internal storage in file explorer and you will get folder name whatsaap there.
- Inside whatsaap folder there will be folder named media in which you will get folder named statuses where are the recently viewed statuses are stored.
- You can open or view it there and in order to save it you need to move it or copy it somewhere in your device.
- To copy or move the picture or video tap the three dot icon next to photo or video and select copy or move to the any other folder in your phone or do copy paste thing as per your phone system.
By using third-party Status Saver Apps for whatsapp:
If you don’t found above mentioned ways easier or convenient to save or download status in your gallery you can download any status saver app from app store.
If you go through app store there you will find many apps for status saving. There you can choose any app for downloading status by checking their rating and reviews. Or you can simply download app named “Status Saver”. This is a small app and it also enables splitting of long videos and send whtsapp messages without saving numbers.
Let’s see how to use this app for same:
- Open whtsapp and view the status you want to save or download.
- Now open the status saver app there you will see that viewed status .Tap on the content you want to save and press the download icon that will directly save your desired content in your phone’s gallery.
Some other third-party apps for saving WhatsApp status are:
- Download status
- Save status app
By using screen recorder:
Screen recording can be done in both android phone as well as iPhone as screen recording feature is in-built feature available in both the device.
So for using screen recording for purpose of status downloading there’s no need of installing any additional app in your phone.
To do screen recording in an android phone here are simple steps for using this feature:
- Pull down the notification panel from the top of the screen to view quick settings option.
- Tap screen recorder icon and give permission for screen recorder.
- Tap start recording and countdown will begin and toolbar will appear and recording will get started.
To do screen recording in iPhone here`s some simple steps for using this feature:-
- Go to settings then control center and then tap on screen recording.
- After that wait for countdown to complete.
- And then recording gets started and you can stop it by red status bar at the top of the screen and press stop there.
But in some old android phones, this feature is not inbuilt so those users can download screen recording apps from the play store and save or download status by using any of those third party apps available there.
You can simply search screen recording in the play store and there you can find many apps and from there you can download any of them and use it for screen recording purposes.
Some third-party apps for screen recording:-
- Screen recorder
- AZ Screen Recorder
- Mobizen Screen Recorder and many more apps are available.
Rather than using this feature for status saving, you can use it for recording any content which is not easily downloadable.
So this is all about saving or downloading any WhatsApp status of your contacts by using these simple ways. You can use any of them as per your compatibility for saving WhatsApp status in your phone’s gallery.