If you are a person who might often want to stream movies with your colleagues then the best way to do it is to Stream Netflix on Discord. But, if you don’t know how to do that then today in this article, I am going to tell you how to stream Netflix on Discord. After being launched in May 2015, the popularity of Discord grows too fast to become one of the best among chat services.
See Also: 4 WAYS TO DOWNLOAD YOUTUBE SHORTS
Having a simple and very cleared User-Interface, a plethora of advanced features there is no other gaming chat service that can match its popularity. Nowadays, Discord is also used for many other services apart from chatting only. For example, here you can stream your gameplay with your friends and family, can use voice channels, and also can have fun with the Discord bots.
How to Stream Netflix on Discord on Windows and Mac
Step 1: Open your favorite browser and then go to netflix.com.
Step 2: After that open the Discord application on your Windows PC. Remember you won’t be allowed to stream Netflix on Discord through web browsers, so Discord must be installed on your system.
Step 3: Tap on settings and then scroll down to find the tab of “Activity Status”.
Step 4: Now tap on the “Add it” option next to “Not seeing your game?”.
Step 5: From the drop-down menu just select the browser you are streaming Netflix on.
Step 6: Moving back to the home screen tap on the share screen button at the bottom left corner.
Step 7: Now select your browser tab in the pop-up menu which appears.
Step 8: Here you can also select the resolution and frame rate of your stream. Keep in mind; if you are a regular user then you only can stream at up to 720p30 while if you are a Discord Nitro user then you can stream up to 1080p60 quality.
Step 9: Now select the voice channel where you want your stream to be in tap on the “Go Live” option.
Some Issues that you may Face while Streaming Netflix on Discord
The most common issue you may face while streaming Netflix on Discord is users seeing a black screen. And for Netflix to be streamed properly on Discord then you must have to disable hardware acceleration in your browser settings. Following are the steps to disable hardware acceleration among the browsers.
- Open Google Chrome, and then tap on the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner.
- Now click on settings and then navigate to the “System” tab under the “Advanced” option.
- Within the “System” tab toggle off the option that says “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
- Now, re-open Google Chrome.
- Open Microsoft Edge and then tap on the 3 horizontal dots at the top right corner.
- Now tap on settings and then go to the “System” tab.
- Toggle off the options that say “Use hardware acceleration when available “.
- Restart Microsoft Edge.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and then tap on the hamburger style menu at the top right corner.
- Then tap on Settings.
- Within the “General” tab scroll down to find the performance settings option.
- Now unmark the “Use recommended performance settings” and then also unmark the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option too.
- Now relaunch Mozilla Firefox.
Now the issue of black screen is being solved and you can stream Netflix on Discord without any issues.
While streaming Netflix on Discord you will also face some audio issues. For fixing them, firstly you will require to figure out what is causing the problem. Fixing these issues will allow everyone to have a very smooth experience while you stream Netflix on Discord.
Discord might require Administrative Permissions to play audio properly without any lagging. So, to grant the administrative permissions to the application follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the app and then click on “open file location”.
- Right-click on the file and then click on properties.
- Within the compatibility, the tab checks the Run as Administrator option.
- Now tap on Apply option to save the settings and re-launch the Discord application.
Another reason for getting audio issues is due to your device drivers that can’t work properly. To fix all you need to do is just uninstall and then reinstall the drivers to enjoy Streaming Netflix on Discord without any further issues.
Remember one thing, having a slow internet connection may be the cause of streaming so to fix it keep restarting your router or keep moving closer to the router.
Why can’t Stream Netflix on Discord over Safari for Mac?
To stream Netflix on Discord without any black screen issue “hardware acceleration” needs to be turned off. But sadly, safari won’t provide you the option to turn off the hardware acceleration as other browsers do.
That’s why; you might get a black screen issue when you start streaming Netflix on Discord on Safari for Mac. But it doesn’t mean that you can’t stream Netflix on mac over Discord still you can stream by using other browsers.
Enjoy Netflix on Discord with Friends and Family
Now you can enjoy watching movies, web series and much more with your friends and family while you can also listen to their reactions. So that’s the whole process through which you can stream Netflix on Discord easily.
If I had failed to cover anything then please let us know in the comment section provided below.