Google Photos is one of the best and most flexible photo and video storage and sharing objective globally. It permits you to upload photos or an entire album and can also add comments and tag locations.
But foremostly, Google Photos leaves more storage space on your devices. However, sometimes you may need to download an album so that you can access it in offline mode also.
Here, in this article, we are going to tell you that how to download all your photos from Google Photos app through the steps.
How to Download All Your Photos from Google Photos App
How to Transfer an Album from Google Photos
The sections provided below will show you how to download Google Photos separately for Windows and Mac PCs as well as for iOS and Android devices.
Keep in your mind that storing Google Photos album on your computer is a lot simpler than doing so on your mobile devices, but overall it is relatively fast.
How to Transfer an Album from Google Photos on iPhone Devices
When we tal about downloading the entire album, things are not as easy with Google Photos. Here you are not allowed to simply tap on the album and choose the option to download it because Google Photos does not offers this service for the mobile application on iPhone.
Well, there is a sidestep solution. Every Google Account user can access the Google Dashboard for their account and can download all their data through Google Takeout.
It is an official data retrieval platform from Google. Follow the steps to downlaod an album from Google Photos on iPhone.
- Open Safari browser on your device and go to your Google Dashboard.
- Now you will see the list of all the Google Services you use including Google Photos. Click on the downward arrow next to Google Photos.
- The dashboard will show precisely how many photos and albums you have. Click on the three vertical dots at the bottom of that window and then select “Download Data”.
- Now you will be redirected to Google Takeout. Here you just have to click on the ‘All photo albums included’ option.
- Select albums from a specific year or a particular album and click on “OK”.
- Click on “Next Step” and proceed to choose file type and size. Now you can select either a zip or tgz file formats.
- Finally, click on “Create Export”.
When the export process is finished you will receive a notification e-mail. This process will totally depend upon your album and the album size to be downloaded in time.
How to Transfer an Album from Google Photos on Android Devices
If you are desiring to download a single photo from Google Photos on your Android device then that’s very easy. All you need to do is just open your Google Photos app and follow the steps given below:
- Select the photo you wish to download.
- Click on three vertical dots in the right corner of the top of the screen.
- And select Download from the pop-up window.
That’s it. Remember that if a photo already exists on your device storage you won’t see the Download option.
And if you want to download an album from Google Photos on Android, just follow the same steps as we have described for iOS devices.
Additionally, when the albums were downloaded on your device it will be in a compressed folder.
So here I am concluding that these are the steps through which you can download all your photos and albums from Google Photos app. If you want to ask anything then let us know in the comment box.