Here are the Best Clipboard managers for windows 10 which you should use if you want to maximize your productivity.
A clipboard manager is a computer program that adds functionality to an operating system’s clipboard. Many clipboards provide only one buffer for the “copy and paste” function, and it is overwritten by each new “copy” operation. The main task of a clipboard manager is to store data copied to the clipboard in a way that permits extended use of the data.
Clipboard managers enhance the basic functions of cut, copy, and paste operations with one or more of the following features:
- Multiple buffers and the ability to merge, split, and edit their contents
- Selecting which buffer “cut” or “copy” operations should store data in
- Selecting which buffer(s) “paste” operations should take data from
- Handling formatted text, tabular data, data objects, media content, and URLs
- Saving copied data to long term storage
- Indexing or tagging of clipped data
- Searching of saved data
If you ask us about the most used function on every Windows computer, we would say it’s copy/paste without any hesitation.
One of the most common and frequently used apps on the Windows 10 platform which provides the copy/paste option is clipboard. Simple, yet powerful, this function can be further improved by using a Clipboard Manager software that offers speed and efficiency. It cuts down the time you spend looking for text snippets.
Whenever you copy/paste text or image, it’s saved in the Clipboard automatically. You can use this stored data in Clipboard to paste it further. Clipboard manager tools help you to view all data that have been copied in the past few days. You can use this data again whenever you want to paste it again future.
So, if you are looking for a powerful Clipboard Manager for increased efficiency on Windows helping you to increase your productivity, then here is a comprehensive list of some of the best clipboard managers for Windows 10.
Best clipboard managers for Windows 10.
In list of best clipboard managers for windows this clipboard manager comes with searchable and editable history. It’s possible to save plain text, images, HTML and other formats, use plugins, filter out content by text, data format or window from which it is copied, use multiple tabs, control application using command-line interface and scripting, assign system-wide shortcuts, paste item into application just by selecting it in tray menu and more.
- Support for Linux, Windows and OS X 10.9+
- Store text, HTML, images or any other custom formats
- Quickly browse and filter items in clipboard history
- Sort, create, edit, remove, copy/paste, drag’n’drop items in tabs
- Add notes or tags to items
- System-wide shortcuts with customizable commands
- Paste items with shortcut or from tray or main window
- Fully customizable appearance
- Advanced command-line interface and scripting
- Ignore clipboard copied from some windows or containing some text
- Support for simple Vim-like editor and shortcuts
Ditto is a classic example of “too much of a good thing can be bad”. It is one of the oldest and possibly the most popular clipboard managers for Windows. Just like ClipClip, it lives in the system tray and saves all your clips in chronological order. You can create groups to organize your clips and access them either by clicking on the app icon, or, by hitting a user-customizable hotkey.
But their similarity ends here. Ditto’s interface looks as old as the app itself. It will surely take you some time to get use to the aesthetics of the app. Apart from aesthetics, my main problem with this app is the layout of its settings menu. It has a myriad of options, which in my opinion require a manual to go through and understand.
That being said, Ditto is one of the most powerful clipboard managers for Windows. While Paste’s main aim seems to make managing clips easier, Ditto is focused on providing its users with all the clipboard features that they might need. Yes, the software has an old interface, yes, it is hard to use, and yes it has a learning curve.
However, if you are a user who really likes to tweak every aspect of the software you use, go for Ditto as it will bring features that you can’t even think of. You can tweak it to suit your needs and work just the way you want it to.
- Search and paste previous copy entries
- Keep multiple computer’s clipboards in sync
- Data is encrypted when sent over the network
- Accessed from tray icon or global hotkey
- Select entry by double click, enter key or drag drop
- Paste into any window that excepts standard copy/paste entries
- Display thumbnail of copied images in the list
- Full Unicode support (foreign display characters)
- UTF-8 support for language files (create language files in any language)
ClipClip is a free clipboard manager for Windows that will revolutionize the way you copy and paste. ClipClip makes it possible to copy multiple texts, images or files to your clipboard. You can then browse or search through these Latest Clips or convert them to Saved Clips so you can assign a title and organize them into folders to use later on.
By pressing CTRL+SHIFT+V you can view a list of all of your past clips, so you can paste without losing focus of what you were working on. Whether you’re an engineer, lawyer, manager, executive, accountant, salesperson, office clerk, customer support rep or just someone who uses Copy & Paste frequently, ClipClip can make you more productive
- Multiple Clipboard Entries & Folders
- Search Clipboard History
- Drag & Drop Clipboard Organization
- Clipboard Editor
- Google Drive Integration
- Multiple Root Folders
- Instant Google Translate
ClipMate is another great clipboard manager for Windows that you should look at. The best part about ClipMate is that just like “Paste” on Mac, it works with every application on Windows that supports native clipboard. ClipMate remembers everything that you paste on your clipboard.
It can store thousands of clips in multiple formats including text, RTF, HTML, and more. It also makes all your copied clips searchable which makes it easier for you to find them. While ClipMate is powerful and packs a ton of features, there are a few of them which really stand out to me.
- ClipMate Remembers everything that you cut or copy to the clipboard.
- It works with all Windows programs that work with the clipboard.
- Searchable database can hold THOUSANDS of clips, in Text, RTF, HTML, and Bitmap format.
- “Shortcuts” place commonly used clips within easy reach for quick re-use.
- PowerPaste™ feature helps you quickly paste a series of clips, or break apart complex data by comma, line break, etc… It’s like a bulldozer for your data!
- Integration with XP and Vista taskbars for easy access, and visibility of the “top clip”.
- Powerful re-formatting, editing, case conversion, and even a spellchecker!
- Easy to use! Just double-click on a clip in the clipboard history list (Clip List), and it’s pasted right where you were working! Or, just drag/drop data right from ClipMate into the target
It is a superb Clipboard managers for windows 10 cause this is a free program . In Clipboard Master, you can copy, paste, collect, organize and store not only text, but images, files and folders as well. It works in all Windows programs. In contrast to Windows, Clipboard Master features a multi-clipboard that you can also use to access previous copies. Clipboard Master stores up to 10,000 entries.
Text, images, files and folders that you copy in Windows or a Windows program are automatically added to the Clipboard Master multi-clipboard. The new entry is always added to the top of the list. You can comfortably use all entries in all other programs.
- Text Templates – Clipboard Master offers a wide variety of predefined salutations and greetings for letters and emails, special characters and HTML code for programmers. Clipboard Master provides intelligent text templates that can automatically add the current date or a specific name.
- Screenshot Tool – With Clipboard Master, you can comfortably create screenshots that are stored directly in your Clipboard Master clipboard or are opened directly in your image processing program. As screenshots are placed on the Clipboard Master clipboard, all Clipboard Master functions such as collecting, organizing, storing, conducting individual or multiple pastes are also available for the screenshots.
- Password Safe – Clipboard Master offers an integrated password safe that allows you to securely store, manage and quickly access your passwords. You can use these for log-in forms on websites and log-in dialogs in Windows programs.
If you are looking for freeware that just works, Ditto and ClipClip is a good option. If you need a clipboard manager that syncs between your Mac and Windows PC, 1Clipboard should work.
Finally, if you are someone who likes to install one app that does everything, Clipboard Master is a better choice and a really great Clipboard managers for windows 10. The free version comes with screenshot capture and text expander option along with a clipboard manager. But on the flip side, it doesn’t have the best UI out there.
If you have any Clipboard managers for windows 10 in your list that we haven’t added in our list then please let us know in the comment section.