Tumblr is where your interests connect you to your people. It is a place for freedom of expression—to say what you want, however, you want. If you want an easy and free app to share your artwork, thoughts, original GIFs, or edits and remixes of your favorite celebs, download Tumblr.
Here are the 6 Best Tumblr apps for android of 2021 if you want to use Tumblr with a great experience on your android device.
It’s a place to find and foster a community where your interests are shared and respected. Tumblr is part of your journey. It’s a canvas to express your individuality and be who you really are, or what you want to be.
See Also : 7 Best PayPal alternatives which you should use in 2021
Tumblr makes it easy to find the things you like and stay connected with the stuff that matters to you. Tumblr apps help you with the following:
- Express yourself: Tumblr is your canvas. It has video, photo, and GIF maker tools. You can also make text posts and add original audio or search for existing songs from popular streaming services like Spotify
- Be yourself: Customize your blog’s colours, fonts, layout—everything! Follow whatever topics you’re interested in. Find new ones you didn’t even know exist. Stay up-to-date with the latest memes, blogs featuring your favourite animals, and fandoms about your favourite TV shows, or bands (Kpop is huge on Tumblr!).
- Connect with your people: It’s a whole big world in here. Join millions of people in millions of communities across millions of #tags. See something you love? Reblog it to your Tumblr and start a conversation. You can privately chat with your friends in one-on-one messaging, or start a public group chat with your other people on Tumblr. Or just lurk, if you’re feeling shy. No big deal.
The official Tumblr app is very smooth and works very well, but it’s not perfect. As there are some things you can’t do with the official app for some obvious reasons. For example, you cannot disable ads, download videos to your phone or use multiple accounts at the same time.
Most people browse Tumblr on their phones’ web browsers and don’t have the official app. The most common problem people face is that they use their browsers for Tumblr and find the ads quite annoying. To get rid of Tumblr ads, you can install a browser that natively blocks ads. There are many browsers such as Firefox, Samsung Internet Browser, Edge, etc. These web browsers work very well.
Below mentioned list of apps will surely help you the following ,
- Disable ads
- Download videos to your phone
- Use multiple accounts at the same time
Best Tumblr apps for android
Hermit is one of the greatest Tumblr apps for android that allows multiple instances of the single app, you can create multiple Tumblr apps and use them separately. It can best be described as the best app wrapper that offers all the features without actually downloading the app.
As you know, the official Tumblr app shows ads and this can be annoying at times. Hermit creates an app instance on his phone and uses the lite version as a native app.
For example, you can individually adjust the behavior, theme, notifications and app integration. Hermit is free to use (without ads as well) and the premium version of the app offers early access to the latest features.
Features of Hermit:
- Run your own custom extension scripts.
- In-built support for Google Translate, Lite Pages, QR Code, and much more.
- Read Articles from any browser/app using its article extraction technology.
- View any web site in Night Mode with a light text and dark background.
- See how long an article will take to read, for that jump to Reader View.
- Use two Lite Apps at the same time on Android Nougat and above.
- Increase/decrease text size as it will improve the legibility.
Another amazing option for the Tumblr browser is Feedly. Feedly is a news aggregator and you can subscribe to the RSS feed of the Tumblr blog. You just need to copy the URL of your favorite Tumblr blogs, go to the Feedly app, tap on Add content and paste the link to subscribe to your Feedly account.
All content appears to be the normal content you browse on the web. Useful, if you are already using the Feedly app. It is one of the best Tumblr apps for android which gives the best experience to the users.
Although the Feedly service is free to download, its premium version offers unlocked features that include advanced search, HTTPS functionality, integration with Evernote, etc. for $ 5 a month, but the free version would do the work for you.
Key Features of Feedly
- Follow your favorite blogs, YouTube channels, and more in one place
- Organize content into various collections
- Read content in a distraction-free mode
- Save content to read later within the app or save to a read-it-later service
- Easily share stories on different social media platforms
- Discover new content in which you are interested
- iOS, Android, and Mac apps available, and additional third-party apps
Tumbviewer is the perfect answer to a tumbler client and downloader which also happens to be ad-free. It has all the feature you will ever need in a third-party Tumblr app, like – download media on your phone, you can reblog, like posts and maintain multiple accounts. It has a tab to see the downloaded files and you can see videos and images separately.
The app is very minimal and you can turn even more features off to get a cleaner interface. The app is based on the official API and offers a smooth experience without any ads. Managing multiple accounts is easy and offers greater control over the content you browse.
- Download videos with ease
- Simple and straight forward app
- Save your favourite Tumblr pictures and videos
- The app has a video only tab were you can see videos separately
It is one of the best apps that you can use if you want to save a photo, scroll down to see posts, like other people’s posts, follow and unfollow people, and other features. This app is very easy to use and you can you can use it anytime and anywhere. This app lets you quickly react to posts you see via the dashboard.
You can also reblog anything you like. If you want the post to be shared with others, you can do it through your social media accounts. You can also follow people if you’re interested in their activities or posts. This app has a lot of things to offer for you and for your own convenience.
If you like handling and maintaining your accounts all at the same time, you can do it with Tumbletail in which, this app allows you to set passwords for every account that you’re maintaining to avoid hacking and your account to be more private and to have a secured account.
This app goes with free and paid version, free version have an advertisement while for paid versions that cost $1.99 is an advertisement free app but, they offer exactly the same features
- Thumbnail display such as Mega-Editor
- Easy Reblog or Like
- Tag search
- Display the likes of other users (if available)
- Follow or Unfollow
- Passcode lock
Downloader for Tumbler
There are plenty of third-party apps which let you download media and images from Tumblr. But, Downloader for Tumbler unlike other Tumbler apps for android, lets you download multiple media files at once and this makes us put it into our list of Best Tumblr apps for android. Although you still need the official app to download the media on your phone.
To invoke the downloader, tap the share button on the original post with multiple files and select Downloader for Tumblr. It automatically detects the images and saves them to your Phone. Better yet it works for both Tumblr and Instagram.
The app is free would download the media without any limit but the ads on the app can bug some users and you can buy the premium version starting at $1.99 for six months or $9.99 for a lifetime. It would rid the app of all the ads, and unlock all future features.
- choice of day or night theme
- full-screen viewing of content
- slideshow support
- full scrolling of publications
- the choice between portrait and landscape orientations
- adapted for all types of devices
This quick, lite app basically helps folks browse posts, pictures, videos on Tumblr efficiently. The app is not showing ads and there are posts that get previewed in the grid actually.
The app has many gesture control mechanisms that are installed within the app. Such as pull to refresh, tap to play, etc. You can also store photos to the external storage and for that, you guys need to double-tap on it in the detail window.
- No ads, simple and clean UI
- Preview posts in a grid
- List posts by type (all, video, picture,)
- Preview video, play Tumblr. /YouTube Video
- Rotate picture
- Play GIF
- Full-screen picture pinch to zoom
- Gesture control (fling to dismiss, pull to refresh, tap to play)
- Control grid columns and quality pictures
I hope you guys like this “best Tumblr apps for android” article and also find it helpful to you. Tumblr is one of the greatest blog sites for artistically inclined people. The community is vast and the content is always interesting. It’s no surprise that there are spinoff apps that help you navigate through Tumblr in a more convenient way.
If you have a handful of blogs on Tumblr, you can use Feedly to consume content. Hermit offers a lighter version of apps and downloader is best if you download multiple files at once. Tumbviewer offers a simpler interface and Tumbletail is better for privacy and multiple accounts.