Are you planning for a hassle-free trip? Do you want to skip the long part of unwanted delays and flight cancellations? Then this is the right junction for you!
Instead of having to go through unexpected postponements, last-minute plan changes, emergency announcements and a troublesome experience, below listing for you 6 best flight tracking apps for iPhone and Android, both free and paid, that you must install in order to stay tuned with the latest updates of the flights you have booked and make sure you are already prepared for whatever comes your way!
To get started with, first we must talk of the basics.
Do you know what is the difference between flight booking and tracking?
If you already know, well done, but if you do not, no worries because we got your back!
When you book a flight, you book seats in a flight, can check out the time of its arrival or departure etc. But when you track a flight there is just so much more!
Flight tracker apps not only track flights and warns you about upcoming delays, but also lets you know your exact location even when you are about 50,000 feet above the ground level. In addition to that, it also shortlists best places to eat or chill during your six-hour layover. Therefore, downloading them just makes it all easier and fun.
Naming 6 best flight tracking apps for iPhone and Android (free and paid):
Being the world’s most obvious choice as a flight tracker, Flightradar24 offers an unlimited variety of features. Here’s what all it can do:
- This app shows to you details like the planes that go ahead your flight, real-time flight stats, information on where the flight is coming from, where is it going, what are the weather conditions of your destinations, what is the flight’s speed or its altitude. It basically shows you the cockpit view from the eyes of a pilot in 3D view mode.
- You can easily view 365 days of flight history via Flightradar24, that’s just in case you are an aviation enthusiast.
- Not just being restricted to giving you information on the wind, speed and good destinations, this app can also show a detailed live map.
This app allows all the other features for free except- to view 365 days of flight history and access a detailed live map, you must have its premium facility that starts at $1.49 per month. It can be installed over both iPhone and Android.
If you wish to keep the pilot in you alive, you must download this app.
The special trait of FlightStats is that it is excessively easy to use, offering you a platter of amazing features- all that for absolutely free of cost for iOS and Android.
- The app gives you a well-laid out information on global flight status by the route its going to take, flight number and its airport.
- All of the details are so neatly put, so that you can have a quick glance at it.
- It enables you to look out for shortcuts, keep a tab on arrivals and departures as well as carry out route searches.
- For iOS, by using the FlightStats Today Widget, you can check out the flight status from the very lock screen of your iPhone. You needn’t go to the app for it. Additionally, it also supports the Apple watch, so you can have access to all that information through your smartwatch itself.
The Flight Tracker
The Flight Tracker does all the work that others do- gives information on the arrival and departure of flights; details about the terminal; shows seat allocations; alerts about probable postponements, cancellations and emergency modifications.
What’s most loved about it is that:
- It permits you to make notes on particular flights, mark labels on routes as well as sync the app with your phone calendar.
- It’s free of cost, for iPhone and Android.
- It can do all that work offline.
Lessening your memory work, you get to make customized reminders via The Flight tracker. If you want a hassle-free flight, you can opt for this app.
The real perks of having downloaded FlightAware is that a complete in-depth information about flight arrival and departure, personalized notifications relating to them as well as full-screen maps with NEXRAD radar overlay.
All of it is free to avail, except the paid version of it starts at $0.99 per month and allows you to access all these facilities free of trouble-making ads.
To cut short, it justifies all the love it has received. Thus, it is highly recommended as one of the best flight tracking apps for iPhone and Android.
Plane finder is a very interesting app that lets you identify any plane, even if that plane is flying over your head! Not only that it enables you to track flights globally, but also helps you identify the plane in the sky, making use of your device’s camera.
With this app you feel like you are some air traffic controller, who has the authority to view days of flight operations and total flight historical background.
However, this app is only available over iOS, priced at $29.99 but we added this in our list of best flight tracking apps for iPhone cause the features it provides are really great and worth the prize.
If you predispose a spark for aviation and are travelling too, this app might just come handy for you!
ADSB Flight Tracker
The special deal about ADSB Flight Tracker is that it helps you track flights in a radar style. This app makes use of the GPS receiver of your smart phone and informs you about the actual speed, time, and movement of you. You can even filter flight details to be able to track particular planes and find out information related to them.
One of the best qualities of this app is that it gives you a 3D view mode with above 1100 military planes and airliners. Yet, that is not enough, you can even rotate your phone to 360 degrees and figure out where planes are positioned.
No matter how unique this app is, it is only limited to Android users. The paid version starts at $0.99 per item.
Thus, these are some shortlisted 6best flight tracking apps for iPhone and Android (free and paid). Every tracker has its unique quality and you may choose to download whichever you feel that fulfils your needs.